Senior PR Executive (FT/PT)
Salary: Competitive, based on ability
Job Type: Full-time or Part Time, Permanent
We’re looking for a seasoned PR professional to join our growing team and catapult our clients into the spotlight. You need to be creative, experienced in both traditional and digital PR strategies, while also able to work across a broad range of sectors to raise the public profile of our clients.
This is not pushing out press releases. We want a high-flyer who is innovative, able to harness the power of our content and design teams to steer the public image of our clients in new, exciting and effective ways.
You’ll be equally at home presenting your ideas in Boardrooms as reaching out to influential bloggers with workable content ideas. Your strategies will deal less in the intangibles of ‘buzz’ and ‘hype’ and more in hard currencies, such as obtaining backlinks for improved SEO and opportunities for business leads.
Always a professional, you’ll take on an ambassadorial role for our clients, immersing yourself in the environment they work in both on and offline, helping to position their brand effectively.
You’ll also be in a unique position to help shape the direction of the agency’s PR services, building our visibility by using your writing flair in award entries and ratings campaigns.
- Directing, leading and implementing intelligent, creative and commercially-minded PR campaigns
- Setting metrics and measuring the performance of campaigns so they are always results-driven
- Providing sound, insightful and sensitive advice to clients on PR opportunities, risks and the potential for business development
- Networking offline and online, tracking and contributing to public and industry-relevant discussions, and advising clients of the forums they should be active in
- Writing a range of PR collateral, from technical articles in journals to blogs, sometimes under time pressures and with minimal input from the client
- Identifying relevant influencers for outreach, then building and maintaining relationships with a view to securing valuable backlinks
- Offering a press office function, including crisis communications, reactive PR support, press event management and stakeholder communications
- Providing PR briefing materials and training to clients, as needed
- Identifying relevant awards to boost the visibility and reputation of clients, sourcing information, writing and submitting entries
- Being an ambassador for Storm and building the agency’s profile by maintaining positive ratings and writing successful award entries
You need to:
- Have at least 3 – 5 years’ experience in a senior PR role
- Have an in-depth understanding of traditional and digital marketing strategies
- Be able to demonstrate a track record in developing PR campaigns with a commercial focus
- Be pro-active, flexible and professional with strong networking and communication skills
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, working across clients, sectors and projects simultaneously under pressure
- Agency or in-house PR experience would be desirable
Storm are a forward thinking, fast-paced and growing full service agency. Based in our custom-built office in Leigh-on-Sea - voted the happiest place in the UK - you’ll get to work on varied and interesting projects in Essex’s No1 agency, as voted by our clients.
Comprehensive Benefits package:
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Regular appraisals
- Cinema Nights with popcorn
- Fully stocked free bar on a Friday
- Monthly social calendar of events
- Closed at Christmas / extra gift holiday at Christmas
- Christmas party
- Summer social
- Birthday treats
- Work anniversary loyalty celebrations and bonuses
- Payday Breakfast buffet
- Cycle to work scheme
- Personal development resource allowance
- Late grace for children’s school events
- Perks: 20% off lunches, haircuts 50% off, discounted beauty treatments and much more…
Your salary will be competitive and based upon your skill-set.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply now with a covering letter, CV and ideally examples of your work.
We will be unable to consider you for this role if you do not send a covering letter.
No calls from agencies please.